Monday, November 17, 2008

When a company cares

So I went for a run the other morning and decided to test a pair of water resistant trail shoes since the grass was wet. The test didn't go well at all. My feet were soaked very quickly.

Now this wasn't a prototype so I shot a semi pissed/sarcastic email off to our sales rep (we get along great so I can be brutally honest with him). He sent the note to an inside sales rep.

I just got off the phone with the National Sales Manager (he called me). I've got a new pair on the way as the testing I am about to do on my original pair just might destroy them. The NSM swears that they had done a ton of testing and that he personally wears them and his feet stay dry. Maybe our wet here in Rochester is wetter then his wet out in the Rockies. Either way I plan to do a 6 hour dunk test with my current pair to see if it is the material that is failing or the bonding. After that I'll do more torture tests on the poor things. I'll figure out if the shoe is everything it should be.

I'll report back on how it goes. The real success of this tale is that in this case a company wants to make sure their product is everything they say it is. That is a good thing.

Live FIT.

No comments: