Sunday, May 31, 2009

Course Recon


Nice early autumn trail run this morning. Cool, crisp, 48 degree fresh air, a few friends and our dogs out covering 10 or so miles. Of course it is the end of May so it should have been much warmer, effing global warming.

The mission today was to make sure that what I thought in my head would be a cool course for the third stage of the DC Stage Race was in fact a good course.

All I gotta say is train on hills this summer. Lots of hills. The course was just as I thought. Hilly early, moderate in the middle and then more hills near the end. I think it flows great and will be an awesome test for everyone that enters.

My hope come November is that a runner who is a few minutes down on the GC goes for it from the gun on the third stage and forcing the leaders to make a decision, go with them early or hope they die and come back. This is going to be fun.
If you like trails and want to try a challenge this fall like no other out there, save the dates of November 14th and 15th for the Fleet Feet Sports Dirt Cheap Stage Race.

No comments: