Monday, January 12, 2009

Conference update


I'm down in Dallas (Irving to be accurate) getting ready for a few days of meetings. I'll try to post a bit as I'll have a few meetings with different industry types (Nike, Saucony, Brooks, etc) and I'll be spending the week testing a new shoe from a new brand.

Last night was a nice group dinner compliments of adidas. Carrie Tollefson, the 2004 Olympic Trials 1500 champion, joined us and gave a little talk. After dinner a 2008 Olympian stopped by but I forgot his name.

It was great to catch up with some old friends. Most interesting was talking with Shawn and Kim Fenty about the upcoming Inaugaration. They own the Wash. DC Fleet Feet Sports and Shawn's brother is the Mayor of the city. They plan to close the shop for the day as they are just a few miles from the White House and spend it at home watching on TV.

I'll update later after my first run in the new shoes.

Live FIT.

No comments: