Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Intro

So here is post number 1 of Bootsblogs. I'm Boots to everyone but my mother, 3 out of 4 sisters and my brother. What you will find here in the future will be product reviews and editorials related to my two companies, Fleet Feet Sports Rochester and YellowJacket Racing. There will be updates on what is happening in the Rochester, NY running and triathlon communities as well as within our store. You just might even find some blog only specials on footwear and apparel. My goal is to keep it positive and informative all while having some fun.


With product reviews I will try and cover new releases in the running and triathlon industry. Myself and my staff spend hundreds of hours out on the roads and trails evaluating what products to carry. It helps that a bunch of us all have the same size foot. I'm real lucky that I get to test out product that isn't on the market yet and really beat the crap out of it. I give companies honest feedback and only bring in the gear that I believe in. You'll get a sneak peak at product that we just might carry in the future as well as stuff that we do already carry.


I'm sure I'll end up writing a bunch about races as we'll produce or work on over 80 events this year. We work on a crazy assortment of races. We've timed running races from 1 mile to 100k including road, trail and cross country, bike races in the disciplines of road, mountain bike and cyclocross. We've timed stair climbs, inline skate, nordic ski and snowshoe races. We work on triathlons and duathlons as well. It is a crazy job but at least we get to be outdoors.


You'll get to see inside this crazy life that my wife, Ellen and I live. We may work a ton but we get to spread a lifstyle that we very much believe in. We love being outside, running, biking, snowshoeing, etc. We get to do this with a great group of employees, friends and customers. There is nothing we enjoy more then taking a person that just barely works out and turn them into a person that loves to explore their limits if fitness. We don't care how fast someone can run or bike, just that they get out and run and bike, or snowshoe, or walk, or hike or swim. We want to spread our Fitlosophy.



Our motto is Live FIT. You'll learn a lot of things here to help you do just that. I hope you'll visit often and enjoy.

Boots

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Just wanted to say 'hi!' Can't believe you have started a blog... it's great! Also, much to your disappointment I am sure... you're uncle david to your 11 nieces and nephews! Uncle Boots would just be wrong.